It's that time again — academic advising is under way, and the Freshman Advising Center is requesting faculty volunteers. We understand this is a busy time of the semester for all, and appreciate every hour volunteered.
- Freshman advising for summer and fall 2015 runs March 23 - April 10.
- Starting this semester, freshman will be able to schedule their advising appointments electronically. Students will be sent an email containing a link that allows them to choose the advisor, as well as the date and time of their advising appointment.
- Advising appointments are scheduled in 30 minute increments, and students are able to start signing up on March 16.
How Can Faculty Advisors Help?
- At your earliest convenience, please contact Freshman Advising (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any available days and times.
- Appointments last for thirty minutes - please send availability in whole or half hours only.
New to Advising?
If you are new to advising at Wesleyan, this is a great way to get more experience advising students. Freshman Advising will provide advising guides and “First Year Plans” for each major, making advising freshmen a wonderful learning opportunity for new faculty advisors.